Autumn Still Life - one

 .



Autumn Still Life - one

SIZE: 20 cm x 20 cm - 5,5" x 5,5"
PAINTING GROUND: AMPERSAND GESSOBORD 3 mm
COLORS: DANIEL SMITH + SENNELIER
2022 © ISABELLA KRAMER



find me on INSTAGRAM



My plan was to paint a series with some autumnal still lives in a small format and I've started with Ampersand's gessobord. Hmm, it's a miracle with this one, because I've no idea if I've put a watercolor ground on it or not. And it looks like not, but the watercolors stayed from the first wash perfectly on it. Okay, you must be very careful with corrections, otherwise it's three steps forward and two backwards, but even salt on the wet pigments works great. So I took a gessobord for No. 2 too, but it doesn't work. The colors beaded off and absolutely didn't want to stick to the gessobord. I had to put some watercolor ground on it. I'll show you the result in my next post. 





.

2 Kommentare :

  1. So wonderful...love the texture of this piece. Makes it so intriguing. Have a great week.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks a lot, Debbie for your lovely and encouraging feedback, much appreciated!

      Löschen

Your comments are greatly appreciated! Absolutely everyone is important to me and is read carefully and generally (in most cases) any questions answered. Your contributions and interactions keeps my Blog and the joy with it vivid.